Interdisciplinary student hackathon GREEN TECH JAM
“Code & Concept for Green Tech“
Friday, April 16th & Saturday, April 17th online
Come and join us at Green Tech Jam 2021! We are looking for brainpowerd enthusiasts with a green heart and a passion for contributing to a sustainable, worth living future!
We prepared 6 challenges for the smartest and bravest of you – are YOU going to hack the Green Tech Jam 2021? The winning teams are awarded 5.000€! Use your know-how and skills to shape a sustainable future!
Be cool. Be green. Be a Green Tech Jammer!
Challenges at Green Tech Jam 2021 are provided by
• BDI-BioEnergy International: IoT management tool for production plants for modular monitoring of production data
• Komptech: Better decision making in the control room
• t-matix solutions: Design and implementation of a smart city dashboard
• AI.engineer: AI-Knowledge Generator
• Montanuniversität Leoben – Resources Innovation Center: Circular Economy meets Distributed Ledger – a transparent PET bottle product cycle
• Klimafonds: Developing a virtual collaboration tool for regional KLAR!- and KEM-manager to enhance mutual learning and knowledge exchange
Students from different disciplines (coders, designers, developers, engineers, environmental system scientists, …) in interdisciplinary teams are working on creative new solutions for the Green Tech sector. Green Tech Jammers rapidly prototype product/service designs and develop new ideas to foster growth in the green tech industry. The results will be presented in 10 minutes pitches in front of a professional jury. Prize money of € 5000 for the best solutions!
Friday, April 16th
09:00: Check in and get-together
09:30 – 10.30: Kick-off Green Tech Jam challenges
10:30 – 11:00: Group forming
11:00 – 22:00: Hacking the challenges
Saturday, April 17th
08:00 – 12:00: hacking the challenges
12:00 – 15.00: Preparation for final pitches
15:00 – 17:00: Pitches – Each team10 minutes
The Green Tech Jam will be hosted by Johanna Pirker from the Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science, TU Graz, who has already organized several international game jams and hackathons. Forbes magazine lists her among the 30 most interesting minds from Europe under the age of 30. Further information about Johanna can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
„Jam“ is a reference to musicial jam session
The Green Tech Jam is a hackathon for the green-minded community where young talents and Green Tech companys are working on a worth living future.
- Network with open minded and very beautiful people
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- We´ll provide you with a wide variety of gadgets to boost your creativity
- € 5000 for the winning teams
- Get to know your future employer
No, teams are formed at the first day – of course you can come with friends, family, lovers … unfortunately pets are not allowed.
Although having computer skills is helpful, experience is not necessary. Designers, developers, engineers and environmental system scientists are welcome to try their hand at making new digital products or services for the green tech sector. Even if you have no experience at all, you can still participate by contributing ideas, playtesting, and giving moral support to your team.[/
No. Everyone is welcome (designers, developers, engineers, environmental system scientists, …). The main goal is bringing together a bunch of creative and talented people to work on creative new solutions.