Assistant to the CEO Intern
MATЯ (1090 Wien)
MATЯ is an award-winning startup based in Vienna creating a circular economy mattress solution for hotels. We want to put an end to mattress waste – join us!
Currently, 30 million mattresses end up as waste in Europe every year. The founders, Verena and Michaela, decided it was time to wake up and put this huge waste problem to bed. That’s why MATЯ was born last year. One year on, MATЯ is now securing the first hotel customers and testing its solution, and they are looking for a Business Development and Marketing Intern to join them on their impactful journey.
MATЯ IS HIRING: Assistant to the CEO Intern – 6 months – Part Time – Vienna
- Being the right-hand to the founders and being involved in strategic projects around our circular economy product development, partner acquisition and the scaling approach.
- Supporting the CEO with operational projects including: onboarding new customers, operational management of the customer journey (from mattress logistics, to supplier communication and customer check-ins) and product development.
- Providing ad-hoc admin support to the CEO when required. This includes tasks such as: managing diaries, organizing travel and events, setting up meetings, managing the meeting follow-up process and writing applications (public funding, awards etc).
- Being involved in the sales and marketing process: supporting lead generation, organizing sales meetings, managing the partnership process and providing marketing support with website and social media campaigns when required.
Skills and knowledge:
- You are in your final year of bachelor studies or are studying your masters degree, and have a valid work permit for Austria.
- You have prior sales experience, whether in project roles in your studies or through previous working experience.
- You have some marketing experience and are not afraid to jump in and get involved in tasks such as social media campaigns and website content updates.
- You are confident and resilient. That means you would be comfortable picking up the phone to a hotel to tell them about our mission and vision, presenting to a potential customer in person, or cold emailing a potential partner.
- You are organized and comfortable with leading your own projects, and using your initiative. You don’t wait for solutions to appear for problems, you are proactive and solve them yourself.
- You like to jump into cold water and learn by doing. You might not always know the answer but you are not afraid to try and fail, and repeat, until you succeed.
- You are interested in the startup, circular economy and ClimateTech space, and are open to a flexible working approach where no two days will be the same.
- You are fluent in German and English (both written and verbal) since we are an international team.
- Flexibility and a 4-day week: you fit your hours around your schedule. We have a 4-day week meaning you can make your hours work around you
- Hybrid working style: we provide remote working options, as well as co-working space at the office location in Talent Garden, Vienna.
- Freedom and fun: from day 1, you will dive into the startup experience and be given responsibilities that will enable you to learn and grow continuously.
- Learning and personal growth: the team will work with you to understand where you want to grow and learn, providing you with tailored learning opportunities through events and courses.
- Future career: should you want to stay on the MATЯ team, and if you impress us, then there is the possibility to join MATЯ full-time upon completion of your internship.
- Salary: MATЯ strongly believes in paid internships. You can expect a minimum salary of 1.700 EUR gross €/Month for full time hours, depending on qualifications. Individual packages can be discussed. MATЯ is also open to agreeing the hours of your part-time employment on an individual basis (anywhere between 15-30 hours/week).
MATЯ is an equal opportunity employer. MATЯ values diversity at the company and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and 300 words (maximum) on why you want to join MATЯ and why you are the best person for the job. Find even more information online. The application deadline is 4th October 2022.