The Renewable Energy Talks serve to discuss recent topics and trends in the renewable energy sector with experts in their respective fields. They also are great events for networking and getting in touch. This Event is a partner-event of the EU Green Week 2021 – an initiative of the EU Commission in the course of the European Green Deal and it’s EU action plan toward a Zero Pollution Abmition.
Hydrogen is considered as an energy carrier helping to heading towards a sustainable energy system. Yet, this will only be possible if GREEN H2 is used, produced from renewable enrgy sources. This is done via electrolysis plants. However, the potentials of sources like wind and solar energy in Europe are also limited. Currently, excess electricity generation in Austria and other European countries exists only on few days. The core objective of this event is to discuss the potenials for Green H2 in Europe up to about 2050 and the major applications – industry, transport, buildings – it should be dedicated to.
18th May 2021, 18:00 until 20:00
Contributions will be made by:
- Amela Ajanovic (Energy Economics Group / TU Wien)
- Timm Kehler (German Gas Association)
- Marlene Sayer (Energy Economics Group / TU Wien)
- Theresia Vogel (Austrian Climate and Energy Fund)
- Theodor Zillner (Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology)