Conference: 2nd International Ukrainian Conference on Biomass for Energy
Datum: 20. – 22.09.2004
Ort: Kyiv (UA), Steiermark
Adresse: n.b., Kyiv (UA)
The three-day Conference programme will have: – plenary lectures describing state-of-the-art and prospects of biomass technologies; – presentations on specific research, development, demonstration and commercial projects; – technical excursions and cultural programme
- Biomass resources: recovery, production, pre-treatment, supply and logistics for feedstock from forestry, agriculture, animal husbandry and processing industry.
- Research and development of bioenergy technologies: combustion, gasification, pyrolysis, anaerobic digestion, extraction and utilisation of landfill gas, and biofuels production (biodiesel, ethanol, methanol, hydrogen).
- Demonstration and market implementation of biomass-to-energy technologies.
- Strategy and policy issues: legislative and financial support, stimulation of development, Kyoto Protocol, reduction of CO2 emission, national and local legislation, socio-economic issues, national and local strategies for bioenergy development.
- Economic and environmental issues of bioenergy technologies.
The three-day Conference programme will have:
- Plenary lectures describing state-of-the-art and prospects of biomass technologies.
- Oral and poster presentations on specific research, development, demonstration and commercial projects.
- Technical excursions and cultural programme.
Dr. Georgiy Geletukha
Institute of Engineering thermophysics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
2a, Zhelyabov str.
03057, Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel.: +38 44/456 9462
Fax: +38 44/456 6091