Head (m/f) of Engineering
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
- You are responsible for an engineering team of approx 260 people, located primarily in Vienna, Austria, but as well in Erlangen, Germany. A further Engineering hub location in Asia Pacific will be developed so extension of the scope of the position will be define later.
- You are responsible for managing the engineering interface to the horizontal engineering layer of the global Rolling Stock engineering, which provides standards, tools, solutions and manpower for all tasks exceeding the metro-specific own capabilities
- You are responsible with your organization to further develop and optimize metro-specific engineering solutions which lead to competitive trains based on market requirements.
- You are responsible to continuously develop the right competencies within the metro engineering organization, but in quality and quantity
- This involves as well the engagement and management of external engineering ressources to cover temporary requirements
- This also involves the support of a strategic ramp up of further engineering ressources in near shoring countries, enabling a competitive cost base for all engineering services rendered
Here you can find more details.