Interdisciplinary student hackathon on the topic of
“Code & Concept for Green Tech“
Friday, March 6th & Saturday, March 7th @TU Graz
Inffeldgasse 13, 8010 Graz
Come and join us at the Green Tech Jam 2020 hosted by Green Tech Cluster Styria and the Graz University of Technology in cooperation with Green Tech companies.
The aim is to bring together students from different disciplines (coders, designers, developers, engineers, environmental system scientists, …) in interdisciplinary teams and to work on creative new solutions. Participants rapidly prototype product/service designs and inject new ideas to foster growth in the green tech industry. The results will be presented in 10 minutes pitches in front of a professional jury. Prize money of € 5000 will be divided between the best solutions!
- Network with like-minded people
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- We´ll provide you with a wide variety of gadgets to boost your creativity
- € 5000 for the winning teams
- Test your skills on use cases from the industry
The Green Tech Jam takes place at HS i9, Inffeldgasse 13, 8010 Graz.
Friday, March 6th
- 09:00: Check in and get-together
- 09:30 – 10.30: Green Tech Jam announcements & topics
- 10:30 – 11:00: Group forming
- 11:00 – 00:00: Work on projects
Saturday, March 7th
- 08:00 – 12:00: Work on projects
- 12:00: Preparation for final results presentation
- 15:00 – 17:00: Presentations – Each team has 10 minutes
The Green Tech Jam will be moderated by Johanna Pirker from the Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science, TU Graz, who has already organized several international game jams and hackathons. Forbes magazine lists her among the 30 most interesting minds from Europe under the age of 30. Further information about Johanna can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
„Jam“ is a reference to musicial jam sessions
The goal is to come together and create digital solutions, products or services for the green tech sector. Participants rapidly prototype product/service designs to foster growth in the green tech industry. We ask participants to create a digital solution within 48 hours. The brief time span is meant to encourage creative thinking which should result in small but innovative and experimental solutions.
No. The teams are formed on the first day. Work together with people from different fields of study and get to know potential future employers from the Green Tech sector.
Although having computer skills is helpful, experience is not necessary. Designers, developers, engineers and environmental system scientists are welcome to try their hand at making new digital products or services for the green tech sector. Even if you have no experience at all, you can still participate by contributing ideas, playtesting, and giving moral support to your team.
No. Everyone is welcome (designers, developers, engineers, environmental system scientists, …). The main goal is to bring together a bunch of creative and talented people to form interdisciplinary teams and to work on creative new solutions.
This was the Jam 2019
Solutions from the winning teams 2019:
- Mobile App for optimizing the consumtion of PV system in apartment buildings
- Virtual Reality Solution for alert management systems in production environment
- App with user expirience for e-car rental
Green Tech Cluster
+43 (0) 316 40 77 44 13
TU Graz, Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science
+43 (0) 316 873 5625